Welcome to Outback Engineering
Accessories for the Jeep JK Wrangler
Home of the JK Dual Mount Assembly
If you have a Jeep JK Wrangler 2-door or 4-door and need a place to mount a Cell Phone, GPS unit, GoPro camera, Spot device etc. please take a look at what we have to offer below.
Coming soon: New version of the JK Dual Mount Assembly (JKDMA) Read more…
JK Dual Mount Assembly
- With the JK Dual Mount Assembly you have the choice of either mounting one or two devices at the same time. For example; one Cell Phone and one handheld GPS unit. You can adjust each device independent of each other for optimal viewing.
- It is extremely easy to mount to your Jeep and requires absolutely no modification to install. Just remove the rubber liner from the cubby hole, center top dash, by pulling up and out. Then remove the center screw, drop in the JK Dual Mount Assembly, replace screw and that's it, you're done.
- Here are just a few of the devices that can be mounted to the Dual Mount Assembly; Cell Phones, small Digital Cameras, GoPro Camera, handheld GPS units, Spot 1, Spot2 and so on.
- The JK Dual Mount Assembly comes with everything you need accept a Ram Cradle (required) for whatever particular device/devices you have. We carry a few Cradles and Accessories in our store but if we don't have what you need then we can either get it for you (best option) or you can order one directly from Ram Mounting Systems, INC.
- In order for us to get you the Cradle you need (if not available in our store) then please either call (702-565-6942) or send an E-Mail with make and model of the device/devices you have and we will add it to your order. An invoice will then be e-mailed to you for your authorization and payment. Very simple and fast.
View Details or Buy.
JK Dual Mount Assembly Cradles/Accessories
- For the JK Dual Mount Assembly (JKDMA) to work you will need to add a cradle (required) for your particular device/devices that you wish to use. Since there is absolutely no way in knowing what device/devices that people have or may get in the future, a cradle/cradles needs to be added to the JKDMA kit. We do have a few to choose from that you can add to the shopping cart if you wish.
- If we don't have what you need then we can either get it for you (best option) or you can order one directly from Ram Mounting Systems, INC.
- In order for us to get you the Cradle you need (if not available in our store) then please either call (702-565-6942) or send an E-Mail with make and model of the device/devices you have and we will add it to your order. An invoice will then be e-mailed to you for your authorization and payment; very simple and fast. Doing it this way will save you any extra shipping charges and everything you need will be delivered at the same time.
View Details or Buy.
JK Dual Mount Assembly (JKDMA)
Part 1: JKDMA
- Start by removing the rubber liner from the cubby hole located at the top center of the dash next to the front windshield by pulling up and out. It can be stubborn.
- Next remove the center screw that was under the rubber liner.
- Now drop in the JKDMA, replace the screw, tighten and you're done.
Note: If the factory screw does not have a washer then use the small SS flat washer that came in the kit.
Part 2: Device Mounting
- Assemble the cradle for your device by attaching the diamond shaped ball stud (Ram-B-238U) to the back of the cradle. The hardware should have been included with the cradle.
Note: Some cradles will come with a ball stud as an intragual part of the cradle. If so, then the above step #1 does not apply.
- Insert your device into the cradle.
- Now take the assembled cradle w/device and either the small arm (Ram-B-201U-A) or medium length arm (Ram-B-201U) and mount both to the JKDMA. Adjust as necessary and tighten arm.
Note: For best results, keep the mounted device as low as possible. This is achieved by using an arm that will keep the mounted device closest to dash. The higher the device is mounted the more unwanted movement will result.
Part 3: Device Removal
- If you want to remove a device from the cradle only, while still mounted to the JKDMA, use caution. Some cradles will grip the device very tight and you will need to support the Assembly during removal; use two hands.
- Another option is to loosen the arm and remove both the arm and cradle with device attached, leaving just the JKDMA.
- On some cradles you can add a quick release attachment (not included) that will allow you to remove the cradle and device as a single unit, thus leaving the arm in its locked position. The advantage to this is that you can return the device/cradle back onto the arm in the exact same position as before because the arm was never disturbed and there is no need to readjust anything.
Tools needed for install:
JK Cell Phone Mount
- Here's an option for your cell phone that won't get in the way or clutter-up your dash. It uses the space between the steering column and center dash console that is nothing more than dead space, perfect for a cell phone.
- The bracket is angled up so you have a better view of the screen. A Ram mount (included) attaches to the bracket and accepts most cell phones up to and including the iPhone 4/5 size, any phone larger will not fit. It uses a one-touch release button to easily remove the phone.
- With the iPhone you can also use the car charger and the USB cord while in the cradle.
Note:Some of the wider covers for the iPhone may not fit in the cradle.
Note:Please check the dimensions below to confirm if your phone will work before ordering.
The dimensions of the clamping area are as follows.
Minimum Grip Width: 1.63'' (41.4 mm)
Maximum Grip Width: 2.35'' (59.7 mm)
- Two small 17/64-inch holes (just over a 1/4-inch) are required to mount the bracket.
View Details or Buy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to modify my Jeep to install the JK Dual Mount Assembly? 2011-2015
No, the JKDMA installs using an existing factory screw.
Do I have to modify my Jeep to install the JK Cell Phone Mount? 2007-2010
Yes, but it's only two small holes (17/64-inch) in the lower panel below the steering column.
What if I don't like the product once I receive it?
You have up to 30 days to return it, see Warranty.
Are there limits to what I can install on the JKDMA?
Yes and no. The heavier and larger the device the more movement will result. It's best to keep the size of devises to what's described, but not limited to, in the "Learn more…" section.
Do I need to have a PayPal account to purchase from you?
No. You can also purchase by Credit Card, just follow the instructions once you click to buy. Very easy and safe.
Do you accept Money Orders, Checks or CODs?
No. We can only accept payment through PayPal or Credit Card at this time.
How quick do you ship once I place my order?
Once payment is received the product will be shipped the next business day, weekends not included.
If I need to ask more questions about a product can I talk to someone directly on the phone?
Yes, although we do not have a toll-free line at the moment. You can call us at (702) 565-6942 and leave a message along with your phone number and we will call back as soon as possible and answer any questions you might have. You can also contact us by E-mail if you prefer.
JK Dual Mount Assembly
Sorry, temporarily out of stock.
- Unfortunately we have run out of the JK Dual Mount Assembly kits (JKDMA) due to the overwhelming high volume of sales these last couple of months.
- Getting new ones made up is top priority and is in the works. We are in the final stages to start shipping the New and Improved JKDMA kits. They are now awaiting to be powder coated (as of 4/4/2015). It won't be long now.
- If you would like to be placed on a waiting list then please send an e-mail along with a phone number (optional) to reach you at and we will contact you as soon as the new parts arrive. That way you will be the first to know that everything is back in stock and ready to ship again.
- We are sincerely sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause and are doing everything we can to expedite the process.
JK Dual Mount Assembly kit
Updated on: 2/19/2015
- A New Updated version of the JKDMA is coming soon. It is still the same dimensions as the original but with the added features of five (5) device mounting positions instead just the two (2) that was only available as before. One of them will be the option to have a centrally mounted device were as it wasn't possible with the previous mounting plate.
- Switching between the new mounting options will now be very easily done; no need to remove the baseplate.
- More details and update on when they will be available coming soon.
Updated on: 3/03/2015
- Just approved the final design change today and they are now being worked into the laser cutting schedule. Once completed and the Pem studs are pressed into the baseplate the next step will be to have them powder coated.
- After that they will then once again be ready for sale.
Updated on: 4/04/2015
- The Baseplates and Round Spacers are finely done and are now waiting to be powder coated.